Harvest Monday 12/3/12

The rain has finally come.  We have been getting a steady drizzle for the past 4 days, nothing like our friends up in Northern California, but down here any rain is good rain.  All of the veggies that I planted in Oct & early Nov are now starting to be harvested.  Lots of leafy greens and herbs, beets are not far off.  The citrus continue to get bigger and oranger.
 
TPW makes the best compost around, the June bugs seems to love it, or at least that's what we think these guys are?  Feel free to correct us if we are wrong.  We spent the day having grub races, until the Giant, that's our Jersey Giant chicken, came in and ate them.  Game over! 



Cilantro, chard, and lettuce all set up for delivery.  The blood oranges are coming along nicely, the littlest farmer convinced me that we needed to try just one to see how they taste.  Man was it good!
 


Some strawberries that a friend of mine gave me have taken hold, and are starting to flower.

Mandarin's getting bigger.

2 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of when I saw those grubs was - CHICKEN FEED!!

    Sounds like that is what they ended up being. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite BIG grubs....lucky girls.
    Your citrus are looking good and I'm with the youngest I would be tempted to eat one.

    ReplyDelete